Thursday, 11 May 2017

Boscastle


Living in Cornwall means that I am spoilt for choice when it comes to beautiful places to visit. So the decision of where to go for my first trip was a difficult one. 

My wife had talked about Boscastle and how stunning it was because she used to spend summers there on her Aunt's farm, I had never been so I thought that this would be the perfect place to start. So on Sunday the 7th May, we set off with the camera and a picnic.

Boscastle is a small village but what it lacks in size, it more than makes up for in beauty, in fact it has some of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen.



It's medieval past and association with magic and mystery are abundantly clear as soon as you set eyes on the village, it might sound cheesy, but there is something quite magical about Boscastle.

Everyone in Boscastle was really friendly and the atmosphere in the village is one of laid back tradition. This was made clear by the famous Boscastle busker who treated us to a wonderful rendition of "The Wild Rover" and by the live music being played by a local band when we stopped for a coffee at The Wellington Hotel.

Beautiful stream flowing along the Boscastle & the Valency
Valley National Trust walk.

Breathtaking view from the Boscastle harbour.

Not a bad view on our picnic stop.

Can someone please tell me what these flowers are called? 

My patience paid off in the end!

Pretty little side street.

Lagoon like waters.

Traditional stone bridge over the crystal clear stream.

Amazing view from the cliff walk.

One of the friendly locals.
Up Next, I visit Tintagel

2 comments: