Thursday, 8 June 2017

Editing My Photos: Filters in GIMP

I know that there are loads of filters out there on various websites, all designed to make you look a little better or to make you look like a dog for some reason. But I don't really do selfies, in fact I hate having my own picture taken, so filters are not something I have really used before.

Investigating the filters on GIMP was kind of fun, I enjoyed playing around with the special effects and seeing how they could improve a picture, or sometimes, make it look much worse.




I understand how some of the GIMP filters could be useful, the sharpen/blur filter could definitely come in handy and a few of the others could make a picture look a little better (once I learn how to use them properly)



But some of the GIMP filters don't make a great deal of sense to me and it does make me wonder why people do this to some of their pictures, but that's just me.

I had a play with a few of the GIMP filters, and I found a couple that I liked, but I guess as I figure out how to use them effectively then they will become more useful.


I like the canvas filter, here I have it set to 4, but I am not sure how useful it is?



No comments:

Post a Comment